How to transfer a domain from HostGator to IT Nut Hosting?
Transferring domain from HostGator to IT Nut Hosting is an easy process and transferring domain from another hosting provider would be a very similar thing. When you transfer a domain from one provider to another, the nameserver for the domain stays the same. So, if you still want to use HostGator as your hosting nameserver then you do not need to change the default nameserver of the domain. But if you want to use our hosting service or another hosting service with the domain, then you need to change the nameserver to point to that server before the transfer so that you do not experience any downtime during the transfer period.
To submit a domain transfer request on IT Nut hosting, first, you need to unlock the domain on the HostGator domain control panel and get the Auth/EPP code for the domain.
To get the Auth/EPP code and to unlock the domain to get ready for transfer, you need to follow the below instructions:
- First, log into the domain management portal of HostGator.
- Click on the Domains tab
- You will be shown the list of the domain names that you own with HostGator. Click on the domain name that you want to transfer to us.
- From the left-hand side icons shown on this page, click on the “Domain Locking” icon.
- On the next page, the toggle button will show the status “Locking ON” change it to “Locking Off” position by clicking on it. And then click on “Save Domain Locking” to save the settings for your domain.
- Now click on the “Request Your EPP Key” button to request the Auth code for your domain.
If you have whois privacy protection for your domain enabled, then you will need to disable it to transfer your domain. To disable privacy protection from HostGator, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your domain management portal.
- Click on the “Domains” tab from the management panel.
- Click on the domain name that you want to work with.
- Click on “Domain Privacy” from the left side icons list.
- You will see two options here. Private and Public. Click on the Public Radio button to make your whois information public and then click on the Save button to save changes.
Now you are ready to start transferring your domain to us. Once you have received the Auth code in your email address, you can place your domain transfer request on IT Nut Hosting.