Easily Migrate WordPress Website from Another Hosting to IT Nut Hosting
If you have a WordPress website, it is very easy to migrate that website between providers thanks to a useful plugin called “All-in-One WP Migration” plugin. Here, we will discuss how you can migrate your WordPress website from another provider from IT Nut Hosting using the “All in One WP Migration” tool. To do that,
- Log in to WordPress admin dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search the plugin “All-in-One WP Migration”. Once the plugin result comes, click on “Install Now” button. And then click on the “Activate” button from the window once the installation is finished.
- Now go to All-in-One WP Migration > Export from the left sidebar and click on “Export To” button and then “File”
- You will see the backup progress on the screen and once the backup is finished, you can download the backup file from that window. You can also access that backup later from All-in-One WP Migration > Backups
Once you have downloaded the backup, you can now install a fresh WordPress on IT Nut Hosting on your domain. If you want to avoid downtime, do not change your domain nameserver yet, instead, we will show you how you can point your domain to our server using your computers hosts file. This would be a temporary record on your local computer so that when you visit your domain, you will be taken to your new hosting instead of your previous hosting. The rest of the world can visit your website without any problem.
Once you have pointed your domain to your new hosting at IT Nut Hosting and installed WordPress on it, follow these instructions:
- Install the All-in-One WP Migration as before.
- Go to All-in-One WP Migration > Import. Then click on the “IMPORT FROM” button and from the list, click on “File”
- Browse to your downloaded backup from the previous part and Open it.
- You will see the uploading progress bar on the screen. Once the upload is done, you will be alerted that once you restore the backup, all the existing data on that WordPress will be lost. As we have just installed new WordPress here, so there is no data to lose. So, click on the “Proceed” button. All data will be restored now.
- After the installation is finished, you will see a screen similar to this:
Click on the Finish button. If you see a message displayed on any page “Database Update Required” click on the “Update WordPress Database” button. You will need to log in again after the update.
- For the final step, go to Settings > Permalinks and click on the “Save Changes” button twice.
Your website migration is complete. Visit the homepage and see if everything is working, and then remove the manual entry from your windows hosts file. Change the nameserver of your domain to point to our hosting server, and that’s it! You have successfully migrated your website without any downtime for your users!