If you have a WordPress website, it is very easy to migrate that website between providers thanks to a useful plugin called “All-in-One WP Migration” plugin. Here, we will discuss how you can migrate your WordPress website from another provider from IT Nut Hosting using the “All in One WP Migration” tool. To do that
- Log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search the plugin “All-in-One WP Migration”. Once the plugin result comes, click on the “Install Now” button. And then click on the “Activate” button from the window once the installation is finished.
- Now go to All-in-One WP Migration > Export from the left sidebar and click on the “Export To” button and then “File”
- You will see the backup progress on the screen and once the backup is finished, you can download the backup file from that window. You can also access that backup later from All-in-One WP Migration > Backups
Once you have downloaded the backup, you can now install a fresh WordPress on IT Nut Hosting on your domain. If you want to avoid downtime, do not change your domain nameserver yet, instead, we will show you how you can point your domain to our server using your computer’s hosts file. This would be a temporary record on your local computer so that when you visit your domain, you will be taken to your new hosting instead of your previous hosting. The rest of the world can visit your website without any problem.
Once you have pointed your domain to your new hosting at IT Nut Hosting and installed WordPress on it, follow these instructions:
- Install the All-in-One WP Migration as before.
- Go to All-in-One WP Migration > Import. Then click on the “IMPORT FROM” button and from the list, click on “File”
- Browse to your downloaded backup from the previous part and Open it.
- You will see the uploading progress bar on the screen. Once the upload is done, you will be alerted that once you restore the backup, all the existing data on that WordPress will be lost. As we have just installed new WordPress here, so there is no data to lose. So, click on the “Proceed” button. All data will be restored now.
- After the installation is finished, you will see a screen similar to this:
- Click on the Finish button. If you see a message displayed on any page “Database Update Required” click on the “Update WordPress Database” button. You will need to log in again after the update.
- For the final step, go to Settings > Permalinks and click on the “Save Changes” button twice.
Your website migration is complete. Visit the homepage and see if everything is working, and then remove the manual entry from your windows hosts file. Change the nameserver of your domain to point to our hosting server, and that’s it! You have successfully migrated your website without any downtime for your users!
Things to remember when moving website between two cPanel (and both of that cPanel is in IT Nut Hosting)
If you are moving your website between two cPanel accounts and both of those cPanel accounts are hosted at IT Nut Hosting, please keep in mind that there can not be two DNS entries for a single domain, so only one domain can be present at a time. That means you will need to remove the domain from the old cPanel account and then add it to the new cPanel account. To move the addon domain in this way, please follow these steps, to move cPanel main domain, please see the notes at the bottom.
- Log in to the old cPanel account, take a full backup of the website files from the file manager, and download database backups. You may also follow the above instruction and take backup using the All in One WP Migration plugin or any other plugin if your website is using WordPress.
- Log in to the new cPanel account and upload your backup in the appropriate location using the file manager.
- Remove the addon domain from the old cPanel account.
- Create a new Addon domain in the new cPanel account.
- Restore your backup and verify.
Note: If the domain in question is not an addon domain, and it is a main domain in the cPanel or you want to add it as the main domain on the new cPanel, then please contact our support regarding this, and we will change the main domain for you.