With every DirectAdmin hosting packages, you get a free SSL certificate. SSL certificates are usually generated automatically by default. But if you need to generate an SSL certificate manually, here is how you can do that. Please keep in mind that once you generate an SSL certificate by this method, it will be automatically renewed on the expiry date. To generate LetsEncrypt SSL certificate, your domain needs to be pointed to the hosting server by using our nameservers. So, if you have your domain bought separately or if it is registered on other hosting providers, you will need to set our nameserver to point to our server. With all those in mind, please follow these steps set up LetsEncrypt SSL certificate for your domain:
- Log in to DirectAdmin control panel.
- Go to SSL Certificates option from the Account Manager section
- Click on Free & automatic certificate from Let’s Encrypt button from the top section
- If you have multiple domain name on the control panel, you will need to change the domain name from the upper section.
- If you want to generate Wildcard SSL certificate, then you will need to click on the Wildcard checkbox from the right side of your domain
- If you want to generate an SSL certificate for a specific subdomain, then you can select them from the bottom section and then click on the “Save” button
- Additionally, you can force the visitors to http to https site just by clicking on the checkbox force SSL with https redirect and clicking on Save button beside the box.
- Your SSL certificate generation process will begin, and you will see the following message. Once the SSL is generated, you will see a notification from the system.
That’s it! If you face any error during the process, feel free to let us know via a support ticket and we will be glad to help you diagnose the problem.