You can easily transfer your domain from other providers to IT Nut Hosting. Domain transfer might take up to 7-14 days to be completed. Here are the steps to transfer your domain to IT Nut hosting
1. Make your domain ready for the transfer
You need to make sure your domain is eligible for transfer before you place the domain transfer request. Most of the popular common TLDs have the following requirements before you can transfer them.
- Domain status must be unlocked for the domain on the current registrar.
- The domain that you want to transfer needs to be registered for at least 60 days on the current registrar.
The requirements might be different for some of the ccTLDs or have some additional requirements. You need to comply with those too.
2. Place the domain transfer order
Once your domain name is ready for transfer, you can place the order for transferring the domain. Follow the below instructions to place your domain transfer order.
- Log in to the client area. If you are new at IT Nut Hosting, Register your account first.
- Go to the Transfer in a Domain from the client area or follow the link
- Enter the domain name that you want to transfer on the Domain name box.
- Enter the EPP code or Auth Code for your domain on the Epp Code/ Auth Code.
- Click on the Add to Cart button to add your order to the cart.
- You will be shown the details of your order on this page. Here you can take the free DNS management and Email Forwarding service that we offer. You can also take the ID Protection service to hide your domain registration information from the whois public database. If you need to change your domain nameserver, you can also do that from here.
- Click on the “CONTINUE” button and you will be taken to the detailed pricing for your order.
- Verify your billing details here and agree to our terms and condition. Then click on the Complete Order button. You will be taken to your chosen payment gateway.
- Follow the instruction on the gateway to pay with your favorite payment method.
Your domain transfer should initiate on the registry level after your payment has been verified. If everything is okay with your previous registrar, the transfer should complete within one week.
You might receive an email regarding the website transfer to the email connected with your domain. The domain will be renewed with an additional one year (might depend on the TLD) and the domain status on the whois will be automatically changed to “clientTransferProhibited” meaning that your domain lock will be automatically enabled after the transfer.
Please keep in mind that if you have recently renewed your expired domain from your previous provider within 45 days, then the domain will be renewed for 1 year by the new registrar but the renewal from your old registrar will be revoked. So, we recommend not to transfer the recently renewed expired domain from 45 days of its last expiration date. Also, if you are using the default nameserver from your previous providers then they will delete it after you have transferred your domain away from them. So, you will need to change your nameserver before the transfer. But if you are using a nameserver provided by your hosting, then there is no need to change it.
By following that information your domain transfer process is complete. If you still have some queries, feel free to contact us anytime.