I see IRTP Transfer Lock Enabled on my domain, what should I do?
New Registration: If you have registered your domain recently, then you will see this message in your domain management section. This is a default transfer lock for a newly registered domain. All newly registered domains are prohibited from transferring within 60 days from the registration date.
Contact Change: If you have made a change to your domain contact Name or Email address, then it will be prohibited from transferring for the next 60 days.
IRTP Transfer lock occurs automatically on those two occasions. It does not hamper your domain usability in anyways. The lock will be automatically removed within 60 days and you do not need to do anything about it.
How do I add ID Protection to my Domain
What Is This ID Protection Service Actually?
ID Protection service is a privacy service for your domain that hides your contact information on the public WHOIS record. It is also called whois guard or domain privacy protection. It is required that you use correct information on your domain registration. But spammers and marketers can get your contact information from public WHOIS records where all domain registration information is stored. You can use our ID Protection service to hide your contact information from the public WHOIS record.
Okay then, how do I get it?
To buy ID Protection service for your existing domain, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to the IT Nut Hosting client area. Go to the “Registered Domains” section from the dashboard and then click on the “Manage Domain” button (gear icon) to go to the domain management section.
- From the Domain Management Page, click on “Addons” from the top Section.
- Here, you can see the ID Protection addon as disabled status. Click on the button saying “Buy Now” for ৳200 BDT/Equivalent USD pricing.
- From the next page, click on the Buy “Now for ৳200 BDT” button again to confirm the order.
- You will then be taken to the invoice payment page. Pay the invoice with your favorite payment method and your ID protection service will be activated automatically once the payment is confirmed.
It’s a good step to take towards your data protection. Congratulations! The Whois information will now be updated and hidden within 24 hours after the service is active.
How do I remove ID Protection for my Domain?
If you want to remove your domain ID Protection Service, all you have to do is:
- First, log in to the Client Area
- Go to Registered Domains from the Dashboard.
- Click the “Manage Domain” (Gear) Icon next to the Domain that you want to manage.
- Click on the “Addons” tab from the top section above
- Click on the “Disable” button on the ID Protection Service to Disable ID protection.
After you confirm, the ID Protection service will be desabled. Keep in mind that, after disabling the ID Protection service, your domain Whois Contact Information will be visible to the public.
How do I change my domain contact details?
You can easily change the domain control panel by following these steps:
- Go to the domain management section from Client area>Domains>Manage
- Your domain details will show. Click on “Contact Information”
- On the next page, you will see your current domain contact information. You can change them from here and if you want, you can also set different contact details for admin, tech and billing contact although that is rarely used.
- Click on the Save changes button to save your contact details change.
Always use correct and up to date details for your domains. Also, keep in mind that, there will be an automatic 60 days IRTP lock if you change domain contacts Full Name or Email this will be gone after 60 days.